Alcohol 120% & other Image Mounting Programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldj

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am attempting to install Mac OS X on my PC using PearPC. The install went smoothly untill it asked for disc 2. I had a problem. In PearPC's configuration file, I told it to boot directly from the ISO file. I tried closing PearPC, editing the config file (from disc1.iso to disc2.iso)... no luck, the install asked for Disk 1 again... Then I tried downloading, and installing Alcohol 120%. I mounted the ISO, but PearPC couldn't boot from the mounted image... I thought that was kinda weird. After trying to open the virtual CD drive via My Computer, I noticed that Vista thought the disc was corrupt.

"Windows cannot access this disk
This disk may be corrupt... blah blah"

So I come to you.... I've tried Alcohol 52%, 120% and the latest Daemon tools. They all give me the same result.

Any Help??

Donald J

Honestly we cant help you much. Since installing OS X on a PC is considered illegal. You will just have to use google to find out all the answer you need.

It's illegal? I thought now that Mac OS has gone intel based, its legal to install on all intel based machines. Hmmm... guess I need to update my sources.

Nope. Install OS X on anything but a Mac is still illegal. Just cause they are Intel Based doesnt mean anything. OS X can not jsut be installed on a PC without having some of the main system files patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom