AJP Laptop Disk drive - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2006, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question AJP Laptop Disk drive

Anyone PLEASE! I have an old AJP Laptop with a what seems knackered Disk drive. The lights are on but no one seems to be home, I can insert the disks only to recieve the following error message: The device is not ready. I have checked the configuration, the disk drive Teac CD 224E is not disabled in any way, the laptop may well be 8 years old however has been treated like a little baby so far. Could it be that the disk drive requires cleaning? And if so what do i do??What are the implications on changing the CD drive? Would I have to contact AJP or could I just buy a replacement on ie anothe Teac CD 224? Anyone please help? As I have 4 kids who are all at secondary school now with 2 at GCSE age(for the non British - main last year school exam) this laptop has been and I so hope will be a vital tool for my nippers.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

still having issues?

Old 05-12-2006, 03:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hello Warez Monster, you seem to always be sorting my problems out! I have purchased via ebay a new disk drive and am waiting for this to be delivered, it was only about £5, which is no more than 7 or 8 bucks, so i am hoping that once i have swapped the drives the laptop will work and my nipper will be happy.
Closed Thread