After virus Formatted HD Need to Recover Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashpoint

Beta member
First thanks for responding, and to let you know I am Not computer savy. Heres the story...I got an virus that redirected me every time I did a search. I tried to get rid of it by doing a norton search and no luck, every two minutes I would get a message saying that the computer was under attack. I then got a message saying to download windows vista service pac two and install it.I though well maybe this will help. At that point after the install my computer wouldn't start and the only way to start it was to reformat the drive. Now that it is formatted, how do I get , or can I get the pictures back. The pictures that I need are the ones from this Christmas, the ones I didn't back up. If there is a program out there that will help, will it allow me to view the pictures before I buy the program. thanks for all the help.

Is great, I use it but it is expensive. Recuva does a very good job for a free utility. If it cannot retrieve the pics then definitely use Easy Recovery pro.

thanks guys for the help. i used recuva and it WORKED. WOW, I Thought I lost all of my pics and it even recovered pics That I hadnot seen. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom