After loading recovery disks "System not ACPI compatible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyed_up

Beta member
I sent for my recovery disks and loaded them accordingly on my HP computer (1.33 GHZ Win XP Home). I followed the instructions step by step and I get to the end where the system prompts for
restart and supposedly Windows registration screens should come up but I get "Starting System Recovery" then I see the INTEL logo and all of a sudden a blue screen with an error message telling me that my system is not ACPI compatible and one optioon is to go to www.system-upgrade.com (URL not exact but similar)! Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong here?

Yup, this is the Advanced Configuartion Power Interface. Basically, it's how the OS sends shutdown commands to the BIOS (much more than this really but this is an outlying feature). Your blue screen is a warning that with your current BIOS revision, the OS may not interact with the BIOS properly. You should be able to bypass this though and install anyway. But you really should flash your BIOS with the latest version.
Read my post from this thread:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7889&highlight=ACPI

-Mike

well if you used to have this feature and it is now gone after your used the recovery disk than most likely your video display drivers are not the correct ones for your system. if you find you now have a generic video driver in contrl panel> system> device manager than you will have to find the correct drivers off manufacturer website or from a driver CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom