Afraid of incompatibilities with Vista? Fear not...for there is a simple solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
I had my first run-in with a program being rather stubborn to run on Vista...and that program was a third-party map editor for the classic game of Starcraft.

After an hour or so, I came up with the great idea of VMware. We can run XP within Vista, or even Linux. Get the best of both worlds...

I know, it's not a "real" solution, but it is a great temporary work-around, or permanent in my case here. :) I installed Starcraft on VMware as well, it was amazing...the game ran perfect. Granted it's older, but still...

I wonder though, if I can run 3.1 within 98 within 2000 within XP within Vista. Maybe not the whole chain, but VMware sure is fun to play with...:laughing:

VMware Workstation

Re: Afraid of incompatibilities with Vista? Fear not...for there is a simple solutio

Im using vista 64 bit and so far have not encountered many problems I couldnt overcome, the main things i do to fix a game or app is right click>properties then choose run as administrator and run in windows xp sp2 mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom