Adobe Reader Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdude425

Member (again)
I have a computer running Vista (Business, 32-bit) that will not allow Adobe Reader to be run as a certain domain user. The user has their privileges severely locked down (no right click, access limited to Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader, and Windows Mail). On all of the other computers (running Windows XP) that are logged in as this user, you can open PDFs with Adobe Reader just fine, but on this machine, I get a generic "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator." message when I try to launch Adobe Reader or open a PDF I've downloaded from the Internet. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem on this specific machine?

TIA.

Are you a system administrator? You can have a Group Policy but each individual PC can still have additional restrictions. That PC must have installing programs blocked so the permissions need to be changed.

I made the user an administrator - no dice. I moved the computer into the generic Computers organizational unit (which is basically wide open, GPO-wise) and no dice also. I tried changing the permissions on the Adobe program folder so that this user had total control - that didn't do anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom