Adobe Acrobat Reader is free, and freely distributable, software that lets you view and print Portable Document Format (PDF) files.
Acrobat Reader also lets you fill in and submit PDF forms online.
Adobe Portable Document Format
Invented by Adobe Systems and perfected over 15 years, Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) lets you capture and view robust information from any application, on any computer system and share it with anyone around the world.
Individuals, businesses, and government agencies everywhere trust and rely on Adobe PDF to communicate their ideas and vision.
Here are some key features of "Adobe Portable Document Format":
· Open format De facto standard for more secure, dependable electronic information exchange recognized by industries and governments around the world. Compliant with industry standards including PDF/A, PDF/X, and PDF/E.
· Multiplatform Viewable and printable on any platform Macintosh, Microsoft® Windows, UNIX, and many mobile platforms.
· Extensible More than 1,800 vendors worldwide offer PDF-based solutions including creation, plug-in, consulting, training, and support tools.
· Trusted and reliable More than 200 million PDF documents on the web today serve as evidence of the number of organizations that rely on Adobe PDF to capture information.
· Maintain information integrity Adobe PDF files look exactly like original documents and preserve source file information text, drawings, 3D, full-color graphics, photos, and even business logic regardless of the application used to create them.
· Keep information secure Digitally sign or password-protect Adobe PDF documents created with Adobe Acrobat® 7.0 or Adobe LiveCycle software.
· Searchable Leverage full-text search features to locate words, bookmarks, and data fields in documents.
· Accessible Adobe PDF documents work with assistive technology to help make information accessible to people with disabilities.