Administrator Profile Help

CFL_FAN123

Beta member
Hello all,

Just to preface, I am a new user and wasn't sure where to put this. If this thread is in the wrong area someone let me know and I can move it.

Recently, I bought a used surface tablet (running windows RT). The previous owner (a friend of mine) did not restore the tablet to the factory default settings so to keep office and other programs he thought I might find interesting on the tablet. The problem is, the account I use does not have administrator privileges. Is there a way I can make my account an administrator or make a new administrator account on the device? Or is there a way I can access an administrator account on the device to change settings when I need? I have already tried the net user <xxx> * function through cmd, however, it turns a system error 5 result as I do not have access to the administrator cmd.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

-CFL_FAN123

Did you reach out to this friend? Usually, the administrative profile is assigned to the local user account that's associated to the original login.

If that is not the case, if he set a default user, this can be found in the administrative tools in the control panel of the windows environment. Is there any screen shot you can provide or have anything other than this to go on?

Back
Top Bottom