Administrator Password???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyle

Solid State Member
I'm running Windows XP Home SP2 on my laptop.

I wanted to do a repair on my OS, but it keeps asking for an administrator password. I did not put an administrator password when I installed, so I don't understand why I need to enter a password.

I ended up doing a format, and complete installation; but I would like to get some advice in case I will need to do a repair in the future.

THANX.

You trying to use the recovery console? You just have to hit enter if there is no password. It will ask you on all systems when you use the RC.

Thanx.

Yes, I was trying to use the recovery console.
And I think, (not so sure) I hit enter, but the system kept asking for a password.

I've seen this happen before. Sometimes, when you first install XP on your PC, you are prompted for an Administrator password. Once you get into windows, you make an administrator account, but it is your name. Odds are you'll forget your originial admin password. I think there's a password cracker out there that might be able to help, but I don't know it off hand.

What I had to do in this situation is slave the hard drive in another PC and then just fdisk it. It wasn't fun, and this won't apply with your laptop. Oops.

Sorry, could you be more specific.

Do you mean that the password is the word "administrator"

Or do you mean that the password is the "name" of the administrator?

Thanx.

yes he means the word 'administrator'

This forum is real touchy about giving information of this type out for reasons that the information may be used "dishonestly" or illegally.

So I am closing this thread but.........members feel free to PM this individual if you'd like to help.

--jak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom