Administrator account on Windows XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_F1

In Runtime
How do I get rid of this adminitsrator account on windows XP startup? As far as I know, if you creat an account with administrator rights, this icon will no longer show up during startup. I usually get annoyed having two accounts when Xp is about to start. If I cant remove this account, can i just disable this settings that i can directly go to XP desktop without showing these accounts? if yes, how?

Thanx in advance.

Cool thats preety simple just logon to the account that you use generally. Click start -> goto run and type in there control userpasswords2 and hit the enter key
On the screen that appears just uncheck the box that says the user has to use the username and password each time user logs on... and you are done buddy..... Hope this solves your problem

Excellent tip. I always wondered what the command was in XP. I always went through the Control Panel.

he wasn't asking about automatically logging in without a password. Press_F1 that administrator account is created by default in winXP and all win2k server operating systems. i am not sure that it can be deleted. to attempt to delete type msconfig into a run box.

in the boot.ini tab check the safeboot box. click ok to apply changes. it will ask to reboot, say yes. when you get into the login screen you must login into the other account you made that has full admin privledges. you cannot delete the administrator account if you are logged into the administrator account.

please note that administrator privledge and administrator account are 2 different things i'm talking about.

goto control panel> user accounts. click on the aministrator account and try to delete it. if you cannot delete it make it password protected, why? because you can force winXP to go into safemode at the loading screen.

if you have no password on the administrator account or any other account which has admin privledges, anyone should be able to log into your computer with FULL administror privleges. this is not a good thing, the person would have absolute control.

ii is not good to delete it cause you may need it in the future. the best thing is beside making a password is rename it. that can be donde in control panel,administrative tools,computer management,local users and groups, users, there righ click the administatror acount an rename it.

sorry for the long response and thank you guys for the tips youve given me. ok now, i dont want to delete the adminitrator acoount, i just want to get rid of him during XP startup process because normally, just like my previous settings in XP, it will only prompt you with the accounts that you created with or without the adminitrator privilage thus totally elliminating the user account with administrator name on it unlike otherwise if you name it as administrator.

yes you can disable it. the options to do this should be available while you are logged into the admin account or logged into another account with admin access. both my computer's have the admin account hidden by default and it logs straight into my default account when i start the computer up.

winXP pro does not have it on all the time. i have 4 winxp pro machines. all the administrator accounts are hidden.

why not just use the built in Admin account as your primary account and delete your custom account? If you log in as the built in admin account and right click/explore "my computer" you under c:\documents and settings you can move all your stuff from one account to the other like "my docs". Then just open your custom account and execute all your programs, if your programs weren't available to "all users" when you installed them they will be when you are logged on as the built in administrator and execute them. Then once you pull over all your docs/music/programs... delete your custom account from control panel and go the "always assume this user is logged in" route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom