Administator Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolboy696

Baseband Member
Ok My computer si really screwed up. Ok FIrst I am running Windows XP Pro. Currently after I changed something, I am no longer the administator. So Basic I can do basic functions, but thats it. There are no other users on this computer. I was playin around in the computer management, under the Local Users and Groups section. I think I delete my account from under the administators. Now When I log in im only a guest. I cant even see the cd-rom drives that are in there. I tried goin to the system restore and restore it before I screwed that up, but only the administator. This computer was never det with a password. So the administator when i try logging in with that it asks for a password. And I can't seem to put myself back as the administator. So any help on how to help my problem is greatly needed!!!

Hey coolboy696,

You can try using lusrmgr.msc from start, run, command box.
The other option is to reinstall Windows XP again which will leave
all files and folders intact. Is good to learn early that playing around with permissions, policies and changing Member of Groups
applies to the Administrator also. There are programs to mess with the Sam file but a reinstall will reset all the changes that
may be stopping you from gaining administrative access to
the computer.
Here are the instructions for reinstalling Windows XP.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

Good Luck

Press <CAD> TWICE on the logon screen to bring up the hidden Administrator account.......or boot into SAFE mode and select the Admin account there......either way then recreate (or undo/rollback) your machine.....should be no need for a reinstall.

roho......what are you talking about?
He is just trying to recover the administrator password. If the <CAD> was a joke.....keep in mind that past 2000, <CAD> twice will not reboot the PC.

-Mike

if you have the logon method set so when your computer boots up you see a list of users, Press <CAD> twice to get a standard login box Enter administrator as the user, if you never set an administrative password the password should be blank.

Um u no wats even better help? Remembering the password!! Thanks guys, but it just hit me. So I remembered my password. Ok but have you ever heard of the Run As command?

coolboy696 said:
Um u no wats even better help? Remembering the password!! Thanks guys, but it just hit me. So I remembered my password. Ok but have you ever heard of the Run As command?

yep! What specifically about it? Basically it happends when the user doesnt have enough provieleges to run the program or access a file and it gives you the option to run it as another user typically the admin.

mikesgroovin said:
roho......what are you talking about?
He is just trying to recover the administrator password. If the <CAD> was a joke.....keep in mind that past 2000, <CAD> twice will not reboot the PC.

-Mike

What am I talking about? What the hell are you talking about?
Am I (and T1Junkie) alone in knowing how to get to the failsafe Admin account in XP???????????????????????????????????????????

Ok, well.....first calm down a bit please. I was asking a simple question. Yes, what are you talking about? Can you please go into your "<CAD> TWICE" theory with more detail.
With your above explanation, not saying anywhere that you are incorrect mind you, it is a little hard to follow due to solutions that don't provide the instruction needed to get to your solution. You are asking the user to rollback an account with about no detail at all.
First though, explain the <CAD> TWICE theory...

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom