Admin on the Welcome screen? how to enable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanb0rn

Baseband Member
I just set this box up with three "extra" accounts (created during out-of-box experience) but I intended for the Admin account (created during Windows Setup) to be shown on the Welcome screen. It's a computer I set up for my brother, and he's the Admin account. I could do classic logon, but I want to make things as simple as possible. (We're talking about a guy who can get 150 pieces of spyware past Norton Internet Security and Ad-Aware.)

I remember once there was something that "un-hid" the Admin account on the Welcome screen, but I can't find it now.

Thanks in advance. ;)

I pressume ur using Windows XP (it might be in other OS as well) ...there is an option in Computer Management that allows u to enable/disable accounts. Start > Programs > Accessories > Administative Tools > Computer Management

Im not sure if this allows you to view it on the welcome screen. I dont have my admin account on the welcome page either and the box to disable it is unchecked so maybe its not the way. Can some1 confirm this.

Good Luck

I thought the admin only showed up in safe mode or if it was the only account. You really dont need it there, a computer administrator has the same rights.

Yeah, but I got that (root admin) set up for my brother. Any way to make it appear in Welcome?

Yes, Windows XP Professional. I checked in Computer Management, and there was nothing about the Welcome screen.

Oceanb0rn said:
Yeah, but I got that (root admin) set up for my brother. Any way to make it appear in Welcome?

Go to your control panel > Users and Passwords > check the box that says "Users must enter a username & password to use this computer"... see screenshot below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom