Admin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeOx

In Runtime
Hi all.
I have a pc here with the last owners name on everything, licensing, etc. I cannot get her name off by changing passwords, etc in the accounts page.
How can I get her name off and out of my system, and put my name on it instead?
One more dopey question,
How can I be sure I have the proper admin control?
Thanks
Ox

Simplest would be to rebuild the machine. or you can go through the registry and modify all of the entires containing her name.

TheeOx,

EDIT: I dont think this is what you need...or is this the one?

MyComputer-->properties. There you can find an option in one of the tabs to enter your name for the computer.

Well, if you login with the admin user and pass , then you have full control ..rite? :rolleyes:

isnt there a registry key for the default username and company? i think its in HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version. Look for default name and default company or the like. Otherwise search the registry for the strings.

to find your permissions look for your username in the users and passwords applet in the control panel. it should tell you what group your in.

TheeOx said:
Hi all.
I have a pc here with the last owners name on everything, licensing, etc. I cannot get her name off by changing passwords, etc in the accounts page.
One more dopey question,
Thanks
Ox

go into safe mode as admin, create you a new account with admin priviledges, then you delete their old account, the option is there, when it ask you to keep their files, say no if you don't want them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom