ADMIN C$ share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Hello how do you remove the admin share from Windows XP? I can easily disbale the C$ for the session, but not permantely. I know how to do it in Win2k and NT4.0 but XP has a some differnt registry values. Also the Computer Managment or Group Policy editor will not let you disable it permantenyl, but only for the session. thanks!!

Just disable it again and then add this registry string:
Goto HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Lanmanserver\Params\
Add the DWORD string of "AutoShareWks" and set it to "0"

-Mike

Under the parameters key I dont have any value that says AutoShareWks?? Should I create a sub-key under paramaters then add a DWORD string inside that folder? Would the 0 value be in hex or dec?well dugghh I guess with them both being 0 it doesnt matter eh? ;-)

LOL......ok, you've been "around" here before so I assumed a few things....sorry.

Totally, you need to add the REG_DWORD string under Parameters called "AutoShareWks" and no, it doesn't matter. "0" is "0" either way. ;)

-Mike

yesss...now this is what I like to see!!!:D

thanks buddy... I love the way you said "I've been around" that made me feel real naughty and kinky and I loved it..lol..

I know quite a bit but am willing to admit my weaknesses and one of those is diffently the windows registry system ;-) it can really hault your system if you do something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom