Adding video ram in Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillwaterIT

In Runtime
I SWEAR that on the last beta I tried that there was some way of 'borrowing' system RAM for use as video RAM, even if you don't have an onboard card. I have a 6800gt and I am almost positive I found some option where I could add an enormous amount. However now in the final version I can't find it. If anyone knows where this is it would be appreciated. Thanks!

you sure your not talking about readyboost which uses flash cards as more memory. A graphics card using the system RAM isn't efficient old cards have it called turbocache normally. I don't believe there is such a feature in vista.

Well, I think it's locked now or I had things confused. It for sure uses system RAM in DX10 apps. If youre running vista, go to the console and type 'dxdiag' and look at the video ram. You'll have quite a bit more than what is directly on your video card. I have 768mb video memory. =)

You don't want to borrow system RAM, it will not improve performance. You will need to upgrade your video card to acomplish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom