add/remove hardware wizard annoyance

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
I've been getting complaints at work(mainly on newer updated xp sp2 images) mainly on HP DC5100 business desktops. updates are current within a month, and I'm thinking it was a hotfix that's causing this but can't tell which one it might be. Basically no every time I install a driver for a device, especially USB Thumb drives, the users are told to install 3 drivers(usb mass storage, generic volume, and disk drive) but they're afraid to, plus we don't want them to have to and they don't want to go thru the hassle of going thru the add/remove hardware wizard, each user and sometimes seems to be certain usb drives and each user, they want to plug in the USB stick, wait 3 seconds and use it. Does anyone know what may be causing this problem? or a way we can fix it without reinstalling windows and creating yet another image?

thanks in advance

the drivers need to be installed to use the device, the drivers do not need to be grabbed from the internet, they are on the xp disc, im wondering why on all our other models there is no problem, when on these models with the newest image we have this annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom