add/remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
will i was cleaning some thing of my pc like old games and software(nero), and i had some problems so i had to use nero remover which removed the software but left the entry in the add/ and remove program without a remove button even with patches for far cry...this is what i mean

how can i remove them for the list
thanks

From Microsoft themselves...(note: you may want to visit the website directly, for formatting's sake!)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314481
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedt32, and then click OK.
3. In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
4. In the left pane, click the Uninstall registry key, and then click Export on the File menu.
5. In the Export Registry File dialog box that appears, click Desktop in the Save in list, type uninstall in the File name box, and then click Save.
6. Each key listed under Uninstall in the left pane of Registry Editor represents a program that is displayed in the Currently installed programs list of the Add or Remove Programs tool. To determine which program that each key represents, click the key, and then view the following values in the details pane on the right:
DisplayName: The value data for the DisplayName key is the name that is listed in Add or Remove Programs.

-and-

UninstallString: The value data for the UninstallString key is the program that is used to uninstall the program.
7. After you identify the registry key that represents the program that you removed but which is still displayed in the Currently installed programs list of Add or Remove Programs, right-click the key in the left pane of the Registry Editor window, and then click Delete.

Click Yes in response to the "Are you sure you want to delete this key and all of its subkeys?" message.
8. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
9. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.

In the Currently installed programs list, verify that the program whose registry key you deleted is no longer listed.
10. Do one of the following:• If the program list is not correct in Add or Remove Programs, double-click the Uninstall.reg file that you saved to your desktop in step 5 to restore the original list of programs in the registry.

-or-
• If the program list is correct in Add or Remove Programs, right-click the Uninstall.reg file on your desktop, and then click Delete.

RESOLUTION
Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT. This starts the Registry Editor. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Uninstall
\<Program Name>

<Program Name> here is Adobe Acrobat 5.0 - Taken as an example

In the right-pane, do the following:

Double-click NoRemove (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0
Double-click NoModify (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0

If NoRemove is set to 1, the Remove button will be unavailable
If NoModify is set to 1, the Change button will be unavailable

thanks for the help, but i used that tool, fixed alot fo problems but didnt fix that issue....
warez ..under uninstall i cant find any entries for far cray niether nero

Warez Monster said:
did you delete the program files folder yet and check msconfig startup yet?
what do yu i mean ..i unistalled the programs ..deleted whatever folders left , tried to do the registry thing it didnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom