Add-in grafix card monitor problem (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcwgoal

Beta member
Hey everyone, I've had this screen pop up ever sense i bought the computer from someone as i boot up the computer. I can click f1 and skip it but I think the computer has a custom built in graphics card, but it doesn't work unless i can fix this problem (i guess).My computer is a Dell Vostro 200. As you can tell I really have no clue what I'm doing so heres a few pictures to see if you could help me out. Do I need a new cable? but anyways thanks.

Brant_CPU_back.jpg

Brant_monitor_message.jpg

Buy the adapter Yamikotai recommended, you need it. Here's the link again.
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE DVI to VGA adapter for Twin-View video cards Model DVI-2-VGA - Video Card Accessories

One end of the adapter plugs into the end of the monitor cable. The other end plugs into the computer plug I've circled. You can actually use either as as you'll notice there are 2 and they are identical.
brantcpuback.jpg

thanks again, does it have to be that exact one or can it be this one:
Dynex® - DVI-to-VGA Adapter - DX-D1114

also this will allow my graphics card "work" right? the added in one

hah arright thanks, but my graphics card will work right? cause thats the whole point here =P

haha we'll see then. im just goin to bestbuy to pick up a DVI - VGA cable thing. i know its like 6 bucks more but its whatever i'd ratha not wait =]

Maybe your monitor has a DVI connector? If it does, it's better to use a DVI cable, as it provides a better picture.

If it only has the blue analogue connector, the DVI-VGA adapter is your only option (apart from getting a new monitor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom