activeX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because activex lets people install virus's for you without you knowing.

Use firefox (or safari) instead of internet explore though.

ActiveX is an environment for running web applications and more dynamic content that regular HTML can't do. Often ActiveX is used to run forms, searching functionality, and email integration.

Unfortunately it's also a bit of a security risk since it can be used to execute viruses on a persons computer.

If you have IE (the only browser that supports ActiveX) you can turn ActiveX off. Without ActiveX, IE is much more secure. There's no reason to switch browsers over this.

what is the LOL for firefox supporting activeX supposed t mean

does that mean that the activeX control is not good enough to be supported

or firefox is not god enough to support activeX?

It means that Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape decided to not let the activex coding be supportable in their environment.

If you have IE (the only browser that supports ActiveX) you can turn ActiveX off. Without ActiveX, IE is much more secure. There's no reason to switch browsers over this.

Actually, I did. I use Firefox almost to the total exclusion of any other browser. I do keep IE because you have to have it for updates. And if I find something to bookmark, I also bookmark it in IE or I'll lose it, but that is IT! Firefox is my prefered browser and will stay that way. I might have used Opera but won't pay for anything when I can get it for free. Avant is IE based and has many of the same issues that IE has.

For a FULL list of possible browsers: Browsers Liz

rookie1010 said:
what is the LOL for firefox supporting activeX supposed t mean

does that mean that the activeX control is not good enough to be supported

or firefox is not god enough to support activeX?

southern lady got it right. ActiveX is the root of most of IE problems. it is what let other people hijack your computer. it also can let a virus in the back door without you knowing

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41031

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom