Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you taken the computer out of the domain (unjoined it) and then rejoined it ? Shot in the dark there, but sometimes that clears things up.

You are correct, forgot about this. I usually join to a fake workgroup, reboot, then join back to domain, reboot, add users, etc and good to go. :cool:

Yeah, this stuff is kinda fresh for me, I just had two straight semesters of Server Administration and Exchange/IIS - back to back. Plus I have been studying out of a Windows Server 2008 book from the bookstore, to learn the differences between the Windows Server '03 and '08 OSes.

I'll try that this evening. I've deleted the computer and recreated, i've also moved it into another group (servers) instead of the clients OU, still no go. But i didn't reboot after joining it to the other container.

Lex, I think you have to take it out of the domain, join it to another, then rejoin it, then reboot.

EDIT: Ahh, "contoso" brings back memories...That is the example in the books I used in classes - Microsoft series. What we did in class to was to use Virtual Server 2005 and like Osiris said, we used virtual machines - one domain for contosoxx and one domain for contosoyy, under the parent domain, contoso. It was easy to learn that way, because you could see how the two virtual domains interact, plus we also used Outlook Web Access in tandem with Exchange, to learn more about SMTP messages, mailboxes, etc . Might be a good way to learn, worked well I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom