Active Directory 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you setting up roaming profiles?Are you going to have users transfering from computer to computer?

The main question is, not roaming profiles, but connecting a computer to my network. Says that my domain could not be contacted. You think that perhaps it is the fact that it ends with '.local' instead of the normal .com or whatnot?

Thats just the way I want it. I want a real world set up. I'm learning, teaching myself things. The best way to learn, for me anyway, is hands on. I'm a computer guy, and inevitably will be making a living doing this. I want to learn it as best I can before that time comes.

Failing to contact your domain when trying to jion it is a DNS issue.Try setting up a static DNS on the computers joining the domain.DNS ties right into Active Directory,they must work together if the DNS is not contacted you will never be able to join the domain.Configure the router to get the DNS from the ISP and have it give out the DNS IP of your server.The server with AD and DNS should have a static IP.I fully understand the practicing,I am going to college for networking and I run VPC with 2 2k3 servers and 3 XP machines and practice with a cisco router virtual program.The reason I asked is roaming profiles are good to now but is not used alot becuase it hogs up space on the server and you would have to have disk qoutas enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom