Active Desktop Recovery - On a limited account

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Ok..well I've had the Active Desktop Recovery for a "wallpaper" for quite a while now...This is on my school laptop that they loaned us out for the year. Now, they've really restricted us on a lot of privileges, such as not letting us being able to change the wallpaper. Our "tech" at the school, who's basic solution is to just tell everybody that comes in for help to "just go ahead and restart that" ( :rolleyes: ). I can't really say that I like him very much, either... Anywho, onto the problem... I was wondering if anybody knew any way possible to get the active desktop fixed, without having to log in as an administrator? I've tried everything I could think of (safe mode included, as well as just trying to enable active desktop items). I also try to just click the "Restore my active desktop," but this error comes up:

Internet Explorer Script error
An error has occured in the script on this page.
Line 65
Char 1
Error: Object doesn't support this action
Code 0
URL: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/<my username>/Application Data/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Desktop.htt

I was able to locate the file, but not sure if I can fix it by editing this file in Notepad somehow?

Also, the line it is referencing is this:
<input ID=ID5 type="submit" onClick="suih.ResetSafeMod();" value="Restore my Active Desktop">

Thanks for the help if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom