Activation countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumper

Beta member
I bought a used Gateway computer from my company when they decided to get new ones. With the computer came a killdisk and a corporate version of windows xp.
I killed the Gateway and sent the verification code to my company. I then killed a nicer Dell that I had and installed xp on that. The Gateway is sitting in a closet, I just wanted the OS.
Installation went great, but I get the activation countdown. Everytime I click to activate, it tells me windows is already activated but the countdown continues. This happened before, and when it reaches 0 days it becomes a loop that automatically logs me off when I click to activate.
No where do I get the oppurtunity to put in an activation code. Is there a way to get around this, or to get it activated?

Hello,

The Corporate XP that you used can only be used on the corporate machines. Not for home personal use.

You will have to call Microsoft to activate. They have used the maxium amount of activations for the Corporate serial. So there is no way to activate it online anymore.

Cheers,
Mak

I had to activate my windows vista over the phone tuesday due to the multiple motherboard changes ive made. ITs a pretty easy process, just click the phone activation, and call the number. Takes about 10 minutes.

Only tedious thing is typing in all the numbers when the machine is telling them back to you lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom