Acronis disk director

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

In Runtime
With this software I am going to create another partition on my HD. The question I have is if I want to delete that partition if I decide I don't want it, can I add the space from that partition back to my C: with this software?

thanks

Well you will hvae to shrink the partition in question. Then it will show up as RAW or unallocated space. Then you use that to create the new partition.

If you decide to get rid of it just delete the partition then merge the one you want to make larger with the unallocated space.

yes, I ended up deleting the partition but I can't find an option to merge unallocated space to my c: drive partition again. How would I go about doing that?

thanks

I dont know Acronis Disk Director all that well. There has to be a option to merge it somewhere. Maybe by right clicking on that partition?

I have used GParted to do this in the past without fail. Maybe that will be a option as well.

yes, I am going to try paragon partition manager. I assume that will work as well? Have you ever used that? if so, will it do what I want to do. I goggled about about acronis disk mgr and it does not do it according to some other posts I have found.

I have not used Paragon. I used Partition Magic a logn time ago. I have used Gparted since i found it. Free and easy to use. It is a bootable CD so no hassle having to deal with Windows when trying to do it.

GParted works great and is free, though I've had some times where the NTFS partition had been too messed up for GParted to clone or resize, so I had to use Partition Magic or Acronis (might've used Paragon too). GParted is best, but if you're trying to copy or resize a corrupted NTFS drive then it may not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom