acpi compatibility with asus a7v600

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedhiggins

Baseband Member
well after much struggling to upgrade my computer, including an error - cannot find escd (sorted by putting on a new bios), i have reaced yet another hurrdle. Once i get to windows 2000 op sys preparing to start up after the bios stage (i presume that this will be the stage where disks are formated and partitioned and the op sys installed)

i get the message that the bios is not fully acpi compliant. But this is the most up to date bios (the one up is beta and my motherboard doesnt like it)

it says if this isnt solvable to turn of acpi mode during text mode setup. What is this? says press f7 when prompted to install storage drivers. Where is this in the scheme of things ( i pressed f7 till i reaced the same blue screen again!).

Does anyone know what is going on here. A lead for a semi idiot would be helpful!

Well im using version 1006. Im sure the board is compliant and i dont understand why this message should come up. After flashing the bios i didnt reset jumper for cmos on motherboard. I will try this and hope it solves the problem.

Still is strange this error comes up when it is compatible and bios is up to date. Ah well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom