Acess Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseman

In Runtime
Fun of Windows

Hi all! :) As most of you know windows always has problems :mad: I am having some right now that are sorta of stumping me so please help :beard:

1) I have recently obtained NFSMW but when I used sd4hider I must have messed something up because when I restarted afterwards it would reboot when it got to the login screen so I went to safe mode and did tons of stuff and it stopped but it kept doing it later so I got angry :confused: and did a repair install it kept stopping at 34 minutes (with all usb things unplugged) until I disconnected my second drive :rolleyes: but now whenever I change something in msconfig and hit apply it says acess denied and from the event log its denying windows updates :mad: it even denies msconfig when I log into the safe mode admin account so what should I do?

2) I just recently switched to bitspirit and its speeds are fablous but I noticed that when I start windows the tcpsvcs.exe consumes about 50% of the cpu until I kill the process so any ideas if I should disable it or do something to keep from eating my cpu?

I know I more problems but I can't remember them now but I'll add them to this thread once I remeber ;)

Next time try actually buying the game instead of trying to bypass the CD1 by using a virtual drive hider. Sheesh. You somehow fubarred up your OS with sd4hider and your ide slave is now considered to be a virtual drive in your registry???? I would suggest that you go into safe mode and save all your critical data and do a fresh install. If repair didn't work your OS is toast. I'm sure there is a big thrill in torrent pirating software but this is not the forum to use because the rules forbid illegal activityand its results . I would suggest that the Admin close this thread ASAP.

First of all bitspirit isn't just for illegal stuff there are a lot of sites that use torrent technology for 100% legal stuff because they can't afford the high bandwith for things like linux ISO and video podcasts such as hak.5 so don't think that I use bitspirit just to pirate and I have been having problems before like this but I was too lazy to post them but I'm sorry I did because I'm already in trouble. :confused:

P.S. There is nothing wrong with any drives on my computer as far as I know

Ok....the suggestion remains....looks like you will need to reinstall windows since the repair has failed. Save your important data, reformat and reinstall.

Thats the only idea you have? Because I do have so many family pictures and music that I wouldn't have room on any other computer to back it up and if I did the math right I would need like roughly around 20 DL dvd discs

I'm going to head scratch and check Sata configs to see if you can just switch Sata cables to the mobo to accomplish the master/slave idea even though it doesn't apply. My apologies.....but there has to be a way to save your data.

Yes, but the os doesn't exist on both drives simultaneously, does it? The mobo is Sata slot 0 and Sata slot 1 per cable selection to the hd. Hmmmmmmm..........time to play with SATA! I'll repost once I have this figured out unless someone more knowledgable about SATA config wants to jump in here!!!

Edit: In my ssytem I have one Sata Drive which is the default boot drive on my Intel D865 PERL mobo. The IDE, although listed as a master IDE is actually the"slave" by default. So......I'm going to buy a second SATA and see what happens! :eek:

Edit #2: Man, I have to stop second guessing myself!!! I was right in the first place!!! Just swtich drive cables and install a fresh os on the slot 1 SATA (now slot 0). All the data and corrupted OS on the former SATA 0 dirve will remain once it is cabled to SATA 1. As long as RAID has not been instituted either stripped or mirrored you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom