Acer Laptop with Windows 8

cyclones

In Runtime
Hey all. So my friend has an Acer Aspire V5 (model: V5-571P-6866) that he's having issues with. When the PC is turned on, it looks like its trying to load windows but eventually comes up with a screen that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. Error code: 0xc0000142". Once that finishes collecting the logs, the PC will restart and continually boot into this screen and wont normally boot Windows. I'm trying to figure out how to get into safe mode or regular mode, but doesn't seem like you can without logging in first. Of course he doesn't have the Acer recovery CD that came with his PC, so I'm stuck. Any ideas?

I created the USB flash drive, but I cannot find ANY way to get to the boot menu or Bios! I've been looking through forums and seems like everyone is saying that's its impossible to get into the BIOS. Ive tried F2, F8, F12 Ctrl+Alt+Esc.. all which nothing works. I tried removing the HDD and then tried boot again, but then it told me no OS was found... Any ideas? :/

Back
Top Bottom