Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I'm fixing my friend's acer aspire 3003wlci

What I've Tried
- Booting into safemode

Problems
- Won't boot into safemode
-- safe mode loads up all the codes and stuff like it would normally. You know, the black screen and grey font. THen the computer would just reboot; I tried to go to safemode again and it becomes an endless hoop that never boots into safemode.
- Computer boots normally to Windows XP but doesn't boot into safemode
- When the computer boots into Windows XP it is just very sluggish and freezes up

I find it really weird that it would be able to successfully boot to Windows XP normally and can't do a simple task of booting into safemode. I set the BIOS Boot Order to CD/DVD first so tomorrow I will be using the Windows XP disc to repair it. But other than that, is there anything else I could do?

Can a Windows XP PRo disc fix a Windows XP home?

Yes go through Osiris's guide with that machine and see if he has Malware related issue's or it could be that it's just a hunk of Garbahg'e ;)

To answer your question about the prodisc and xp repair

No it cant be fixed with a pro cd. to fix windows the CD has to be the same as whats on the computer meaning an xp home cd to fix xp home and a pro cd to fix xp pro and also an Media Center Edition CD to fix xp media center edition.

I tried to go into safe mode and it won't boot!

I tried it normally and it won't boot! how can i use the spyware removal guide?

sorry for the exclamation point, just really frustrated of fixing this laptop for the last few days with no success..

You said you were going to try and do a repair with the WinXP cd.. how did that go?

The Osiris Guide was offered as what to do after you get it booting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom