Accidently deleted some files can i get them back? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2004, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Accidently deleted some files can i get them back?

Today i was transfering files from one folder into a temp folder created by windows and then onto cd. While the files where moving from the temp folder onto cd I moved some more files into the temp folder. The problem is that after the files are copied onto the disc windows deletes ALL the files in the temp folder not figuring that i may have moved files in other than the ones i had just copied to disc. So anyway is there a way to get back the files that were deleted by windows? Unfortunetely i had made too many actions before i realized what was happening to use the edit:undo feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-15-2004, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to aye29 Send a message via Yahoo to aye29

There are programs that can recover deleted data. I use the one that comes with Tune Up Utilities 2003 but there are others out there. As long as the area on the hard drive where the files once were have not been written on again, its possible to recover your files.

Old 02-16-2004, 01:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

easy recorvery would do that.
\"you cant hold a good techie down\"
Closed Thread