accidental delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
ive just deleted a certain directory from my secondary drive. anyway to get it back?

the method of deletion - now thats more in depth.

basically i was trying to burn this a subdirectory to a dvd. one folder in there i just wanted to erase and it wasnt getting done, apparently it wasnt empty even tho it is. i do have a program called Unlocked <http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker> which I was using to also delete the subdir (it can kill processes that are running in the background and can therefore delete things that you ordinarily cant). however the subdir just stayed there.

now i was burning to a DVD that came in a sketchy package, some of the other DVDs in that package havent worked in the past. but i tried here. it didnt work, the files got copied over but they wont run. however when i tried to access the original directory it didnt exist anymore. either somehow the act of burning authorized itself to delete the data from the harddisk, or i used the Unlocked program to delete the wrong directory.

Either way, how one earth do I get the original data back, if I can in fact do so?

Thanks
Dan

Don't write anything to that drive!! Then try Pandora Recovery.

Pandora File Recovery - Find and recover deleted files of any type - free.

There are other recovery software out there. So if this one dont work try some others.

that worked thanks man! unfortunately it didnt notify me which directory each file is from (it was diff types of music i deleted) but i'll see what i can do. i listened to two songs so far and im getting the feeling they're dont start this way tho, its starting from somewhere in the middle is that possible? ie that the beginnings of the songs which got recovered didnt make it and what im hearing is somewhere in between?

Full recovery even with the best programs will impossible if the drive was continually being written to before recovery was attempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom