Accessing one email account from OE through two XP accounts - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Accessing one email account from OE through two XP accounts

My wife and I have a "joint" email account. I have it setup in my XP account with Outlook Express, but I want her to be able to access it. Is there any way I can set up OE in her XP account to access the joint account so we both can get to it (obviously not at the same time)

Old 09-25-2005, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Well you can just set up OE on her account to read from the email cant you? Just like you set up yours? That would be the first thing to try. Just make sure that the email messages dont get downloaded to just her account or to just yours when both of you have messages to see on there.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 09-25-2005, 08:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

You can import the mail messages under her profile when setting up OE6. If I recall there is an import wizard of some sort I think under FILE>IMPORT possibly then you pick the source identy you want to share (the one setup under your account).

Something along those lines is what you would need to do. As if I recall OE stores the mail locally as opposed to on the mail server. Just tell her to get her own account j/k. Women own us I know damn there hippnotic breasts and lucious booties.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I do it with incredimail. on 1 machine, I set it to "leave a copy of message on server"

Edit: I actually set both of them to this now. I choose to "delete from server after 5 days" too.

The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Closed Thread