Accessing one email account from OE through two XP accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas.fasick

Beta member
My wife and I have a "joint" email account. I have it setup in my XP account with Outlook Express, but I want her to be able to access it. Is there any way I can set up OE in her XP account to access the joint account so we both can get to it (obviously not at the same time)

Thanks

Tom

Well you can just set up OE on her account to read from the email cant you? Just like you set up yours? That would be the first thing to try. Just make sure that the email messages dont get downloaded to just her account or to just yours when both of you have messages to see on there.

You can import the mail messages under her profile when setting up OE6. If I recall there is an import wizard of some sort I think under FILE>IMPORT possibly then you pick the source identy you want to share (the one setup under your account).

Something along those lines is what you would need to do. As if I recall OE stores the mail locally as opposed to on the mail server. Just tell her to get her own account damnit..lol. j/k. Women own us I know :( damn there hippnotic breasts and lucious booties.

I do it with incredimail. on 1 machine, I set it to "leave a copy of message on server"

Edit: I actually set both of them to this now. I choose to "delete from server after 5 days" too.

Incrediamail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom