Accessing C:\ in XP before boot???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamoliver

Beta member
I have spyware like so many people do, but usualy i have it under control. but this time i got ****ed pretty bad and got rid of most of the damage, but alot of shits coming from 2 programs that refuse to close. i closed explorer.exe and then they decided to let me close them in the task manager (files are mssearchnet.exe and nvctrl.exe)
So i then decided that since they werent running i would find and delete them. they were both in my system32 folder and when i went to delete them it wouldnt, because they were still in use..apparently. I closed as many programs as i could without crashing my computer but somehow something was still running that made it impossible to delete them.
My next plan was to get into dos on startup and access the harddrive ,C:\, and delete them from there, sicne theres no way they could be in use then. XP is a whore and doesnt make this easy so I used a boot disk to get into dos. i got there and it wouldnt let me change my directory to the harddrive!!!!it must have not loaded yet, which is ****ing retarted. good old windows 98 let you do whatever the hell you wanted.

So my QUESTION here is simply. How do I access the harddrive before windows is booted with Windows XP?????

Do I have to set it up to load the HD early? Do I have to give it an Alias other than its assigned drive letter? Is there a program that'll do it? Should I just get a linux by-pass cd and do it from linux?
Please help, anything at all would be MUCH appreciated

If you were using a Windows 98 boot disk, then you'd have trouble reading and writing to an NTFS formatted drive.

Yes, try booting the system in Safe Mode. Also, where you end the processes in the 'Task Manager', by clicking 'End Process'; click 'End Process Tree' instead. That will end the selected process and anything related to it.

If you still wish to boot the computer up before Windows XP, then you can download the Windows XP boot disks from the Microsoft website.

TMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom