Access maximum character limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouen

In Runtime
In the fields of an open table for Microsoft Access where you actually input the data seems to have a limit on the characters you can put into it, a maximum of 20 text characters. This is too incredibly small, you can't even fit an address in it, which is funny because it's set to Business in the Wizard Design Table. (What I used to get the database started.) Where is the option where I can increase this size? Thanks a bunch.

***EDIT***
Under Tools, I selected Options, then I clicked on the Tables/Queries tab. I see the option Default Field Sizes set to 50, but this doesn't affect the data I can enter per field in the table.

***EDIT2***
Found out what the problem was, hours later... I was using the Wizard to create a business table, and renamed the fields that were available for selection. The problem was that these pre-created selections also had different pre-defined character limits. I made a table from scratch without using a wizard, the field limit increased to 65535 like it should have been to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom