access denied: make sure disk is not write protected....

Status
Not open for further replies.

raztazmasta

Baseband Member
i am having issues with a game and i tried extracting files from one of the game CDs to copy over the original file on my hard drive...people have said this works but there is one problem i cant overwrite the file becuz i get a message saying....Access Denied: make sure this disk is not write protected or full or being used by another user....im the only person that uses this computer and im the ADmin please help

go to start, run, type msconfig, go to thestartup tab and disable everything except your antivirus and reboot. there may be a file still in use that the game uses and its not letting you re-write it. see if that works.

warez monster post that tip in the tips and tricks section i think that would be a good section if we can kickstart it

rip it to the hard drive as an iso with alcohol 120. it sound like that game has copy protection so you can't copy it.

its age of empires 3 ...i have been on their forums and people are having the same problems i am having and one of the steps to fix it is to put in the third disc and extract the file from the cd onto the harddrive...then it says i cant overwrite becuz access is denied

wat should i use alcohol...like how would that help i think its teh admin rights...thats causing the problems or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom