Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie_master

Baseband Member
Gday, my pc is having problems so i ended up needing to re-install windows to fix the problem because repair wouldnt work.

after i had reinstalled windows i wanted to backup my stuff and then format and start with a clean drive. whilst i was backing up documents and settings it wouldnt let me open the folder that had all of my stuff in it because it had an Access Denied see you local admin error.

i have seen software that changes the permissions so that the error dont happen, does anyone know of any of this type of software?

thanx, Cameron

if a repair didnt work and you needed to re install windows then you would have formated and the documents folder would be empty anyway?

Re:

King X13 said:
if a repair didnt work and you needed to re install windows then you would have formated and the documents folder would be empty anyway?

...:confused: You make a good point :p

zombie_master, do you mean you've backed up the data on another medium before you formatted (like on another hard drive) and now you're trying to backup data from that medium?

after i had reinstalled windows i wanted to backup my stuff and then format and start with a clean drive

...doesn't make sense :mad: ???

...Or are you trying to backup personal data now (after you've formatted and re-installed Windows) :freak: !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom