Academic Versions of Microsoft Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis-X

Baseband Member
Alright I have a question that I feel could be best answered here... I was given the full retail "ACADEMIC" versions of Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2005, Microsoft Visio Standard 2003, and Microsoft Project Professional 2003 from the school due to a scholarship. Since our program already offers this software to us for free with an agreement from Microsoft, I figured I'll just sell off this software. Being the academic versions, am I allowed to sell it to anyone seeing as how I'm a full-time student or do I have to strictly sell the software to someone else that is a student? This is mainly for eBay purposes or posting it for sale on the Tech forums here.... Don't much feel like running into any legal mumbo jumbo ;)

do I have to strictly sell the software to someone else that is a student?
You don't have to sell the software to anyone, nor should you. Unfortunately, I'm sure there are some uninformed people who may think that Visual Studio Professional is the edition used by professional developers. It's not, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone bought it from you. If you're actually concerned about legality, just ask Microsoft.

Im pretty sure its "illegal", no resale. but you could sell it and microsoft wouldnt do anything about it unless u sold it to someone who then makes 500 copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom