About resetting my comp to default....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sifu Wong

Solid State Member
I was just wondering, after i reset it, does it reset everything on just the C drive or does it reset C and D? If so, is there a way i can reset JUST the C drive?

i think you mean reformat which will erase all data on the drive. In which case, you will need to specify which drive you want to reformat.

format c:

if you reset the c drive, it does just that it dosnt do anything to the d drive unless you set it to do something

I have a Vaio and it came with 3 application recovery discs and 3 system recovery discs. I was told to restart my computer with the first application disc in the cd rom and then go from there. But my friend doesnt know if that will default the C and/or D drive and thats what i'm trying to figure out. I have a lot of files on D drive that i need to keep. So if i do "wash" my computer and put it back to the way i bought it, can I clean just the C drive and leave the D as is?

did you put a separate hdd in it or did it come with one? Check to see if you have 1 or 2 hdds, if you have one, it may be partitioned into 2 drives by one physical drive.

I bought it from the store like that. Is there a way for me to check to see about the hdd without having to open the tower?

Also, if the hd is partitioned, does that mean if i do reset to default, i would lose all files on both C and D?

sorry for buggin ya, thanks for the help though :)

u aint buggin me, i love this stuff....you need to open the tower to see. otherwise you might lose all data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom