about page breaks in MS Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I do projects that require certain page breaks to be put into Word. I'd like to figure out how to do this, but also learn in general how they work, not just how to solve this particular problem.

However first things first.

I want to have the first 3 pages labelled i, ii, iii, then apparently there should be a break, and the next pages should be 1, 2, 3 etc. How do I do this?

Also can someone explain to me, or link me to a page where all this is actually explained? I'm curious what a page break actually means, what all the other breaks mean, etc. You'd think this info would be easily searched but I've had some trouble, esp w/ the first question.

Thanks!
Dan

EDIT - oh and is there a way to delete a break if I've added one by mistake, or to see where the breaks are that I've created?

i think you want to create custom headers or footers for each page. where do you want these labels to appear?

a page break will move any text after the break to the next page. Insert > page break to do so

What he said above ^.
How to Insert a Page or Section Break in a Microsoft Word Document | eHow.com

Also what page breaks are used for:
Sometimes you may want to insert a page break or a section break in a Word document before the application does it automatically. Section breaks are especially helpful when creating books or reports. For each section, you can specify formatting, such as header and footer appearance, sequence of page numbers, page orientation (portrait or landscape), and page margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom