Abnormal CPU Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorbubble

Baseband Member
Ever since I bought my computer I've noticed abnormal CPU usage, as shown below when on idle, causing me to lag considerably when I try to play any game or watch a movie.

During a 5-minute idle time.

Any ideas? Thx.

I would call it normal cpu usage (33%) with all those processes. Anyway You do not show us all your tasks which are running. Start --> Run --> Cmd.exe --> TASKLIST --> COPY AND PASTE HERE. I've got 10% usage for 50 processes, having 3.06 single core Intel Pentium 4 (IV). However it does not only depend on the number of processes but also of which are them some programms use to occupy a big percentage of CPU and very few Ram and the exact opposite. It also deppends if the program is doing a task or is just standing by etc. For example all browsers use a huge amount of Cpu about (4%) when loading a single page, it increases on multiple tabs.

Really? Cause on all the other computers that I own, when it is idle, at most it reaches 5%.

Well as I see you have XP and I use Vista, so Vista's command prompt might only have this function :

2002106556329188474_rs.jpg

30% is not normal. I have over 66 process running and the MOST CPU i get is 9%. This is within XP as well. I have only 745MB of RAM used with those 66. So it isnt normal.

I would find out what the spoolsz.exe and the csrss.exe processes go to that you have installed. Those are the ones using the CPU and they are the culprits.

Plus it doesnt matter how many processes you have running. **** i have had over 100 before with 2%CPU usage but over 1GB of RAM used. processes use more RAM than CPU.

Plus dont lecture me about what processes i have running. I run quite a few applications full time cause i need them. Like my uTorrent, PeerGuaridan, AnyDVD, Outlook, WLM, Trillian, UltraMon, Eset, Windows Sidebar (Yes within XP), iReeboot, Creative Sound panel, Razer mouse panel, Both of my printer panels among other things. So to have 745MB of my RAM is normal. It is actually quite low for all things i have running. I prefer it and i dont care about using that much RAM when i have 3GB installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom