AACS Cracked...Again - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default AACS Cracked...Again

AACS Cracked...Again
The Advanced Access Content System copy-protection scheme has been brokenÖ.again.

Whatís different this time is that itís been broken six days before the new, updated version is released. Itís SlySoft, the makers of AnyDVD, which are behind this new crack. The latest beta version of AnyDVD HD, version 6.1.5.1 (beta) makes short work of the latest AACS MKB v3 update.

With this happening as frequently as it does, I question whether these announcements are even a news item any more. It takes me longer to write about the new crack than it did to actually crack AACS in the first place.

Ľ AACS broken - before it’s patched! | Hardware 2.0 | ZDNet.com

Old 05-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: AACS Cracked...Again

The hackers are going to break it. Period. So Microsoft and the codec ppl can just waste their time/money trying to limit our rights, or just sell open music. People are just going to keep cracking the code, so what's the point? The HD-DVD copy protection system, DVD copy codes, etc. have all been broken, so there's hardly a point of protecting files. Least thing that will happen, people will just get files from other sources where they can live without DRM on their files. CD's are still legal to buy, and they can be ripped, burned, and copied easily, so people will use them. You can easily strip DRM off of .wma's by burning to CDRW and then ripping as mp3, so what's the point? They need to work more on actually selling the music than wasting their money "protecting" it from people who know how to overcome it.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I think it kinda makes it fun and something to do when
I'm bored.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired.

Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913

the hackers are winning by 98%

My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

well i think the only hope left is BD+, if that doesnt work they are gonna have to hire the mpaa to walk the streets and peek through peoples windows all day. oh and they leave that drm and stuff on files and discs because there is a lot of peole who dont know how to do it, I myself didn't learn how to remove DRM from Video files but now its cake, bottom line many people are not to computer savvy enough to make bakups.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnd187 View Post
they are gonna have to hire the mpaa to walk the streets and peek through peoples windows all day
Are you sure that they don't already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnd187 View Post
and they leave that drm and stuff on files and discs because there is a lot of peole who dont know how to do it
I still don't know how as I've not had a need, but I bet Google could show me the way...

@CalcProgrammer1:
If only you could convince the music artists, the ones putting up the dough for the MPAA and dozens of others, of this brilliant idea... they'd be rich! After all, that's what they want, eh!

I wonder how music artists would do if they distributed all of their music freely on the web, via their web site, and had a "optional" donation page like open-source software and such (whilst selling CDs at the store, of course). Like you said, the non-computer savvy folks could (and would?) buy the CDs, and the computer folks who appreciate the music would surely donate.

I don't know...they complain they get no money, then they hire organizations like the MPAA (sorry, no others are coming to mind)...it seems counter-productive.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

what about the riaa.

As i said we will have to wait for BD+ to see if its cracked, BD+ is the last hope for anti-bluray backups, no need to protect hddvd its as good as dead anyways

Closed Thread