99.4% done downloading Vista 5536 - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2006, 09:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I hope its better than beta 2 which i heard it was supposed to be alot better. but I hope I have a better experience with it than beta 2 because the apps in beta 2 and the ones I installed (nero, ms office 2003, gmail notifier and windows live messenger) all seemed to crap out after a certain time. And it even managed to mess around with one of my completely seperate drives somehow and I lost alot of my files. Anyways I am probably going to order rc1 on dvd if it is available.

AMD Phenom II x6 1045T @ 2.7 Ghz
8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
Crucial M500 240GB SSD (boot drive)
500GB WD 5000AAKX-001CA0
1.5 TB Seagate ST1500DM003
Zotac Geforce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Old 08-31-2006, 10:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
True Techie

Well, I dunno about programs crapping out, but I can tell some of the stuff is unfinished, like a couple of the gadgets for instance, but other than that, it's pretty solid. I'm installing visual studio 2005 right now to see how much ram it uses up, test out all the .net stuff, etc.

Other than that, there are a bunch of new features, new items in the control panel, some programs are renamed/revised from XP, network connections / browsing is PERFECT in my opinion, it even recognized my wireless router and it shows up under network places... Too much to list..

Old 09-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Originally posted by StillwaterIT
what apps dont work?
Daemon Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
True Techie

Yep, found that out, compatibility issues... I guess it's going to be the same as upgrading from 2k to XP. Partition magic 6 doesn't like XP, along with a NUMBER of other programs. I think once vista is released it'll only be a couple months before everyone is caught up.

Closed Thread