99.4% done downloading Vista 5536

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 64bit version, getting it directly from the MS website, pretty sure you have to have a beta 2 key to install it though. I never installed it due to everyone saying it was just as bad as beta 1. This one is supposed to be much nicer though. 99.8% and climbing. I am hoping my overclocked 4000+, 2gb of ram, and 6800gt will handle it. I just built it, so it sure as he11 better.

There is no 64Bit version of Build 5536. there was a major bug found that prevented them from releasing the 64Bit version. Only a 32 Bit version was released.

M$ did release this to the poublic but only the first 100,000 can download it. So you better hurry if you wish to try it. If not you will have to wait till they decide to release the Official RC1 build.

I am currently running 5536 and i couldnt be happier with it. Only problem i see is some apps dont run on it. Bu tother than that it is great.

14 minutes left, this thing has taken FOREVER! I had to limit the bandwidth so my ISP wouldn't throw a fit, this is day 3 or 4...

There is only 2 Anti Virus apps that work. eTrust or Trned Micro thru M$. Opera is kinda funky. It takes away the Glass and puts you on the Vista Basic.

Trillian gives Vista some problems also.

Wierd... I'm going to try some of my own apps out to see how well they work. All written in VS.NET 2003 & 2005, and a couple in vb6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom