6600gt extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

heifsin85

Baseband Member
Ok, so I recieved my 6600gt. put it in comp, turned comp on, put in cd, downloaded driver. Then went to nvidia.com and downloaded update. Though there are lockups and bad preformance. Anyone know wuts up?

Stats:
dell 4550-
450 watt psu
2.66 ghz
1 gig of ram
80 gig hardrive
6600gt 128mb vga

Downloaded two drivers? I'm confused. You've got plenty of RAM (if it's good) and your PSU is sufficient. Try this: remove all present video drivers and reboot. Install only the driver form Nvidia and re-boot and see what happens. What Video card did you have on-board before the 6600GT? If it was an ATI card you definitely needed to unistall those drivers before you added the drivers for you new 6600gt.

Go into your control panel>add/remove programs>look for video card programs for Nvidia>remove them. Then Back to control panel>system>hardware tab>device manager>find your video card>unistall drivers and reboot.

I would use the cd drivers. nvidia is notorious for coming out with bad drivers updates. they will fix them, but only when it is drawn to their attention

ah ok, its working, though i thought id get a little bit more preformance out of the 6600gt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom