64bit driver trouble - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2007, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default 64bit driver trouble

Just installed my new Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Expert on my 64bit Windows Vista computer and its BSOD.

why is this happening? for all my studies these drivers should be perfectly compatible with my operating enviroment.

I have tried the non digitaly signed ones listed on the driver CD and also tried the digitaly signed ones from the manufacturers website.

This problem is similer to my old TV-Card which also didnt work, yet this time i came prepered, as this TV-Card came with Vista 64bit drivers.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: 64bit driver trouble

So.. I guees its back to linex tell i can find a tv-tuner that works on vista.
I personaly dont like switching between linex and windows but just dont have the focus to figuer out that HCL >_<. <--- newbe tech.

Tommorow morning i shell try reseating the PCI card perhaps that will solve something.

hmm, also i do beleive the TV-card worked via orb using the default windows driver for a moment before i went to manufacturers website for "up to date" drivers. Maybe windows has a driver floating around on CD.
How do you delete the currently installed drivers so windows doesnt automaticly install them after boot?, its a long shot! but doing that might work.

I dont remember what IRQ , resourse locations [card is disabled to avoid crash] the TV-tuner card was using yet i can't see it as being a potiential problem.

It was a fight getting that old TV-tuner card out, perhaps i damaged something or worst ESD. Can only pray that not be true.
Closed Thread