64-bit vs. 32-bit for XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I'm using 32-bit XP w/ the setup below. Should I be using 64-bit based on 4GB memory and my CPU?

Thank you.

When it comes to XP you might as well stay where you are. The reason is simple. XP is not available to be sold anymore! So it is kinda hard and XP X64 is not the same thing as XP 32 Bit. XP X64 is based off of Server 2K3 and not all the software you can run in XP can run in XP X64. They are not on the same disk nor are they compatible serial wise like Vista and Win7. So unless you have one of those 2 OS's that were made to be exactly the same just the different architecture then there is no reason to jump to 64 Bit. You only lose about 500MB of RAM.

If you want to go 64-bit use Windows 7. It is much more supported than the 64-bit version of XP. Honestly if you are running a computer with 4GB of RAM I don't see why you would want to use XP.

Yeah, Windows XP 64 bit isn't really all that nice.. I played with it for a while. Driver support is minimal.

Vista or 7 64 bit is the way to go... I personally prefer Vista.. But to each his own :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom