64 Bit Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
whsfootballer50 :

OK for all you noobs out there this is the explantion for the 64 bit processor, even though there are only a hand ful of 64 bit applications, the 64 bit processor RUNS 32 BIT APPS TWICE AS FAST or more. NO this processor is not for mere bragging rights it is for LEETNESS and if u question the truthfullness check out amd's website and see the comparison chart between the 64 bit and the intel p4 ee, the numbers dont lie

Anyone who uses the word "LEETNESS" cannot possibly know much about computers

I believe Tom's Hardware Guide did fairly extensive benchmarks between the Athlon 64 and the Newest P4, while the AMD performed better for gaming and the like, the P4 edged out the Athlon 64 in most Desktop applications. So, if you plan on playing the latest and greatest 3d games, then the 64 is better, if you just use desktop apps, then the P4 is better. Now, either one will kick some serious buttox, and the lower end 64's are cheap compared to anything Intel will put out there with equal performance.

Well either way, this 64 bit powered laptop kicks some serious @ss. Went war drivin a few times. for those who aren't familiar with what war driving is, go to www.wardriving.com for some explaining. The battery life is pretty good too. Considering how much new technology is in this thing, the battery will last for about 2 and a half hours, that's really good for a stock battery on a laptop if you ask me. Anyways, no problems running all the 32 bit apps, and i plan to install Microsoft's 64 bit edition of windows just to see how it works. I will keep u guys posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom