64 Bit Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the last two guys for their posts, it's nice to know somone agrees with me, now does anyone have any experiences with 64 bit systems yet???

ChaosBlizzard said:
Well what I meant, is within the first year the failure rate is higher than 50%. Meaning something in the sytem with most likely go around the time the warantee runs out, how convenient..

I would have to agree. I know 3 people who'se laptops broke after 6 months or so.

Thanks to the last two guys for their posts, it's nice to know somone agrees with me, now does anyone have any experiences with 64 bit systems yet???
;

HA HA : this proves my point.

The only reason to buy a 64 right now is for bragging rights

Bragging rights now, but support for newer programs, coupled with faster execution of both 32 and 64 bit programs. Listen i agree with you, maybe buying a 64 bit was a lil pre-mature, BUT this is a laptop, i want the higher end, it has to last me through college in which i am going for computer network engineering. if it was a desktop, no i would not spend the money on it, i would buy a high end 32, and then further down the road upgrade the MB, memory, and processor to a 64, but you obviously can't do that with a laptop, so for now i just have to suck it in...

ahh sorry
in my skimming I did not catch that you wanted a laptop
good choice if you want a nice laptop for a long time

This is the pic from the website. I will post my own when i get the machine later today...

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 25
OK for all you noobs out there this is the explantion for the 64 bit processor, even though there are only a hand ful of 64 bit applications, the 64 bit processor RUNS 32 BIT APPS TWICE AS FAST or more. NO this processor is not for mere bragging rights it is for LEETNESS and if u question the truthfullness check out amd's website and see the comparison chart between the 64 bit and the intel p4 ee, the numbers dont lie

HOLY COW, THIS COMPUTER IS FAST!!! I'm using the AMD 64 bit powered laptop by e-machines, this thing is awesome. this was a GREAT buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom