64 bit processing and 32 bit programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadda

Beta member
Hello all, first post here. Was hoping to find some aid in my current situation.

I just purchased a Lenovo thinkCentre m52 with 3.4ghz intel pentium 4 processor 650 w/HT technology, 3 gb ram, windows xpp.

Now this computer is twice as fast as any other computer i've ever owned. I'm trying to run2 clients of hte same program at the same time, but i freeze or computer restarts when this happens. I am told this is because the program is a few years old and only 32 bit therefor i'm only able to run 1 client.

is there anyway around this without reinstalling an 32 bit OS? I ran 2 to 3 clients on a computer with 1/2 the power but with the same OS just 32 bit.

Has anyoen else encountered this issue running on the 64 bit computing processors with older programs that were released when we only had 32 bit computing processors?

Any help i can find in how to run two to three of these clients at once would be greatly appreciated. Oh the client is a game client, shadowbane.

XP Pro Is 32 Bit.

Why not tell us the Actual names of the programs your trying to run.

Also, all programs that run on XP Home and XP Pro are 32 Bit even though the OS may support a 64 Bit Processor.

the client program is Shadowbane.

its just weird i'm seeing 64 bit computing under the computer details as a 'yes' and microsoft tech is telling me i need to buy and install the 32 bit OS.

Or, is it that the processor is 64 bit. would that effect the program?

His P4 is a 6xx series which supports both 32-bit and 64-bit computing with Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology

Interesting...sorry about the mistake on the information.

So it supporst both 32 bit and 64 bit computing. So my problem wouldn't be in that area then. Just can't seem to find where it would be.

I thought it could possibly be in the graphics area, the computer comes with a graphics intel chipset? Maybe thats not enough to run it and i should push for a new nvidia card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom