64-Bit options

Status
Not open for further replies.

komplex85

Solid State Member
I'm looking for the most affordable way to buy a 64 bit operating system. I don't have much money left after buying a graphics card and seriously need to get rid of XP-32bit (obviously) and HATE being tied down to 4gig total with my MB can support 8. I found Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Basic for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM for 89.99 - what does System Builders mean and how would it effect me? Any input would help guys, thanks!

HMMM Found 64bit home premium on eBay for 130.

OEM means it doesn't come with the box and manuals, and can only be installed on a single machine (non-transferable). That's the only difference.

At least shoot for home premium. Home basic sounds terrible. I have installed home premium x64 for a buddy and I liked it. How much ram are you going to put in?

The only thing I would miss with home basic would be the aero theme. I don't have a need for the rest of the bloat. Better third party software can easily make up for what's missing in vista basic.

At least shoot for home premium. Home basic sounds terrible. I have installed home premium x64 for a buddy and I liked it. How much ram are you going to put in?

I am going to have 6g ram, GeForce 8800GTS (G92), with Asus M2N32-SLI deluxe, and AMD 64 x2 (6000).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom