64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
I got my 64 bit XP disk, and I also have the 32 bit XP disk. I've checked the list of all the stuff x64 supports, and I should be good to go. But my question is, will I notice an increase in performance using the 64bit? And also, do you think that MS will be releasing a Service Pack to fix all the problems I hear about with x64? I don't think I'll have any now, but I might in the future.

Well if you are meaning problems i.e., not being compatable with most software, well there is no fix for that. you cant just run a piece of software that was ment for 1 thread @ 32 bit on a twin thread 64 bit system. I have been trying to get stuff to work on a machine i have that has 64 bit xp pro, but with almost no sucess. maybe in the future more programers will write all of our favorite software in 64 bit, THAT WOULD BE SICK. but intill that time we all are pretty much screwed, thats why they where going to release vista all in 64 bit but since alot of equipment and software is currently 32 bit based that would suck for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom